Agrivoltaics Technician II (Ranch Hand)
Silicon Ranch is expanding its Regenerative Energy team to develop and operate the first-of-its-kind self-perform Agrivoltaics O&M program. Silicon Ranch Corporation is an industry leading developer, owner, and operator of utility scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and zero water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost- effective custom solar energy
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job
- We co-locate solar energy generation with regenerative agriculture through our innovative Regenerative Energy (RE) program, keeping land in agricultural production while increasing the social, ecological, and economic co-benefits of our projects.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Agrivoltaics Technician II (Ranch Hand)
Location: Regenerative Energy Snipesville (RE Snipesville)
Denton, GA based, with travel as needed to various parts of Southeast US
The Agrivoltaics Technician II (Ranch Hand) is responsible for day-to-day regenerative land management and solar grazing operations (80%); and various other non-electric maintenance needs (20%) for multiple utility-scale solar energy projects.
As part of the Regenerative Energy Snipesville Team (RE Snipesville Team), and at the direction of the Agrivoltaics Technician III (Ranch Manager), the Ranch Hand will assist in the development of new ranching facilities and infrastructure at Silicon Ranch’s 190 MWac Snipesville I/II projects, housed on over 2,300 acres in Denton, GA. The Ranch Hand performs all day-to-day activities of integrated land management needs. These include grazing management and deployment of mechanical equipment where needed, to maintain vegetation on multiple solar sites to industry standards and aligned with regenerative agriculture goals of improving soil health, sequestering carbon, increasing biodiversity, and improving the overall ecosystem functionality of lands housing utility scale solar power plants. This is achieved through Holistic Management and a seasonal custom grazing program, where the RE Snipesville Team manages large flocks of sheep owned by partnering ranches for extended periods of time. At times, the Team will also support soil stabilization, vegetation establishment, and erosion control for other solar projects, typically utilizing no-till seed drills and animal impact. Travel and overnight stays off the main ranch will be required.
At the direction of the Ranch Manager, the RE Snipesville Team custom grazes multiple large flocks of sheep using Adaptive Multi-Paddock (AMP) grazing techniques to meet livestock production goals while adequately managing vegetation to prevent shading of the solar modules. Temporary electric fencing and distributed/mobile watering systems are used for rapid rotations throughout the main solar facility and satellite solar facilities. Livestock Guard Dogs and herding dogs are used as needed. Mechanical mowing and/or weed whipping are used to supplement animal impact and to ensure safe access for other Operations and Maintenance (O&M) technicians.
This is the first of its kind self-perform Agrivoltaics O&M program. We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Ranch Hand, with intuition and resilience, who can be responsible in working towards a goal while contributing creatively to the team.
- Execute integrated regenerative land and livestock management plans for multiple solar sites throughout the defined management unit.
- Execute a health, safety, and nutrition program for resident flock of sheep and sheep in the custom grazing program.
- Safely operate various pieces of equipment, including but not limited to, trucks, tractors, mowers, and hand tools.
- Perform maintenance on various pieces of ranch equipment.
- Occasionally assist a qualified technician with the performance of mechanical and electrical, preventative and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Provide site access and oversight of third-party contractors, as needed.
- Assist with module washing and other tasks, as directed.
Reporting: Reports to RE Snipesville Ranch Manager
- High School Diploma
- Preferred, BA/BS or training in Ranch Management, Agriculture, Animal Science, or related fields
Background and Experience:
- Experience in livestock agriculture and knowledgeable about regenerative agriculture/Holistic Management
- Experience with rotational sheep grazing systems, specifically AMP grazing/Holistic Planned Grazing
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions, both independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Solar Industry experience a plus
Salary commensurate with experience
On-site housing may be available for qualified applicant
For more information, please visit:
Please send a cover letter and resume to: