Analyst, Project Controls
Silicon Ranch Corporation is one of the nation’s leading developer, owner, and operators of utility scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and zero water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost- effective custom solar energy solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Analyst, Project Controls
Location: Nashville, TN/Remote
Overview: The Project Control Team’s primary objective is to support the Project Delivery (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction, “EPC”) group by providing management with critical, decision-making information that ensures projects deliver on time and on budget. This will be done by closely collaborating with other functional teams throughout the project lifecycle to: 1) ensure adequate definition of scope, cost, and schedule; 2) establish reasonable baselines; 3) identify and manage risk; and 4) track, monitor, and report project performance. This position is expected to make valuable recommendations that drive project performance.
This position will support controls and operating policies that identify, monitor and mitigate risk factors that could impact the success of a project.
- Identify, understand, articulate, and summarize information and results to department and project leadership.
- Monitor project and portfolio KPIs
- Collaborate with associated departments and project management to establish and implement effective controls
- Coordination with accounting and project finance to support reporting and forecast development
- General understanding of project cost elements, schedules and forecasting
- Identify and understand key elements in project agreements that impact project controls processes
- Coordinate with project team to understand impacts to integrated project master schedule including baseline schedule development, review, and validation.
- Contribute to the preconstruction project planning process, ensuring that all departments are aligned with established projects goals and constraints
- Develop, publish, and analyze project reports weekly
- Analyze data to assist project manager in directing project activities. Assist in the tracking of project change orders and development of projections
- Implement & maintain reporting and progress systems in accordance with established directives
- Project Controls execution support: implement/execute the cost and schedule management program for assigned project(s). Support planning efforts at various stages, facilitate development of cost estimates and budgets, and establish reasonable cost and schedule baselines.
- Trend analysis and actively evaluate project cost and schedule performance to identify potential risk areas, validate forecasts, and communicate those quickly to key stakeholders.
- Support historical project data to improve forward looking budget and schedule estimates.
- Other work as needed in support of successful project delivery.
Reporting: This position reports to the Director, Project Controls
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Energy Industry experience preferred. Renewables (solar, wind or energy storage) highly desired
- 5+ Years’ experience in project controls
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and presentation communications skills
- Previous experience with, forecasting, cash management, data analytics and reporting a plus
- Proficient in Primavera
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Microsoft Project experience is a plus
To apply, send your resume and the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org