Associate Project Manager
Silicon Ranch Corporation is one of the nation’s leading developer, owner, and operators of utility-scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and zero water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service while developing creative and cost-effective custom solar energy solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Associate Project Manager Location: Nashville, TN
The Associate Project Manager is responsible for assisting the project management team with the planning and execution of a portfolio of medium-to- large scale PV solar projects executed concurrently of varying size and complexity. The Associate Project Manager will work with a number of internal teams within Silicon Ranch including business development, project development, engineering, finance, accounting, legal, and field-level site managers.
The Associate Project Manager will gain an understanding of the construction process, contract requirements, client relations, the financing process, and project deliverable requirements. In addition, the Associate Project Manager with work with the project management team and project controls team to monitor performance metrics, project schedules, risk profiles, and cost performance of projects in accordance with company systems and practices.
Silicon Ranch is looking for an ambitious candidate with initiative and resilience. The goal of this position is to assist the project management team while progressing to the role of Project Manager.
- Interface with project controls to monitor and manage costs, schedules, installation rates, and other project risks
- Management and reporting of project scope, schedule, and budget in conjunction with other project management and project controls team
- Maintain document control standards, ensuring project files are organized and information can be retrieved easily
- Receive training on and work with various information technology platforms such as Mercatus and Procore.
- Create, maintain and distribute various project information, including meeting notes, to stakeholders
- Participate in negotiation and management of project specific contracts, with the support from other Silicon Ranch departments, such as solar EPC, substation EPC, equipment procurement, interconnection, etc.
- Review various contractor deliveries including plans, drawings, submittals, requests for information, etc.
- Interface with Environment, Health, Safety, and Security department and contractors related to company safety, environmental and regulatory compliance
- Evaluate current project management standards and practices and provide recommendations for improvement
Not applicable to this position
Reporting: This position reports to a Senior Project Manager
Background and Education:
• BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or related discipline and 0-3 years of experience in a related field. Solar project experience is preferred, interest in solar projects is a must.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6 experience is a plus
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment alongside people with multiple interests and backgrounds
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Decision-making ability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong customer service skills with a focus on listening to the customer