Construction EHS Manager
Silicon Ranch Corporation is one of the nation’s leading developer, owner, and operators of utility-scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and zero water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service while developing creative and cost-effective custom solar energy solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Construction EHS Manager
Location: Nashville, TN or Remote
Overview: The Construction EHS Manager will have the exciting opportunity to drive a people-focused EHS culture in a fast-growing organization. Under the general supervision of the Environmental, Health, Safety and Security Director, you will partner with the Project Delivery teams to ensure our projects are following all required protocols and creating a positive environment for the safety of our employees, contractors, environment, and assets. This includes advising and assisting project and site managers on EHS matters for turnkey projects as well as those managed directly by SRC. You will also establish and maintain clear lines of communication with internal customers and subcontractors, maintain awareness of project EHS needs/issues and address these with the appropriate project team member.
- Assists/Supports SRC Project Delivery teams as needed by supplying knowledgeable EHS counsel, providing direct project oversight, and/or facilitating the oversight by others.
- Maintains and enforces an in-depth knowledge of all laws, regulations, and company standards for construction EHS.
- Reviews contractor/subcontractor EHS plans and performance data to confirm alignment and compliance with Silicon Ranch requirements.
- Develops project-specific EHS Plans for self-directed construction projects.
- Maintains and reports on construction-related EHS metrics.
- Facilitates periodic management review meetings with trade partners.
- Facilitates all SRC initiated EHS event analysis
- Develops, maintains, and coordinates EHS training for Project Delivery teams.
- Supports project teams with EHS toolbox talks and other awareness materials.
- Completes special assignments to review, audit, and/or develop EHS programs as assigned.
- Communicates effectively and responsibly with vendors and partners.
- Prioritizes work to meet project goals including deadlines, cost targets, and project schedules.
- Works as a team player with effective written and oral communication skills.
- Represents the organization professionally with landowners, vendors, utilities, local officials, and other project stakeholders.
- Provides support to Business Development and Project Development as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting: Jim Barfield
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%).
- Working knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations and industry EH&S standards
- Strong knowledge in electrical safety and high voltage including OSHA and NFPA 70E compliance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and work independently under general supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in EHS program and project management for construction industry
- 3 years’ experience in the solar industry
- Professional certification; ASP, CSP, CHST
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and the position title to email@example.com