Director, Project Controls
Silicon Ranch Corporation is one of the nation’s leading developer, owner, and operators of utility scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and zero water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost- effective custom solar energy solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast growing team:
Position: Director, Project Controls
Location: Nashville, TN
Overview: The Project Control Team’s primary objective is to support the Project Delivery (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction, “EPC”) group by providing management with critical, decision-making information that ensures projects deliver on time and on budget. This will be done by closely collaborating with other functional teams throughout the project lifecycle to: 1) ensure adequate definition of scope, cost, and schedule; 2) establish reasonable baselines; 3) identify and manage risk; and 4) track, monitor, and report project performance. This position is expected to make valuable recommendations that drive project performance.
This position will establish controls and operating policies that identify, monitor and mitigate risk factors that could impact the success of a project. Responsible for developing a reporting structure and process to share project information with stakeholders. Ensures project control reporting documents are produced and clearly reflect the schedule and timeline status, cost and budget considerations, changes, supplier performance and risk levels. This position requires a leader capable of building high performance teams. Additionally, this position will provide guidance and consultation to project managers.
- Project Controls execution support: implement/execute the cost and schedule management program for assigned project(s). Support planning efforts at various stages, facilitate development of cost estimates and budgets, and establish reasonable cost and schedule baselines.
- Change Management / Forecasting: Implement change management practices and appropriately capture associated cost and schedule activities.
- Reporting: Develop dashboards to communicate cost and schedule performance to teams in real time. Implement a standardized suite of cost and schedule reports that enable senior management to make data driven decisions.
- Resource Planning: Develop resource allocation methodology to assist in staff planning across the portfolio.
- Analysis and Tracking: Perform trend analysis and actively evaluate project cost and schedule performance to identify potential risk areas, validate forecasts, and communicate those quickly to key stakeholders.
- Risk Assessment: Work with key stakeholders to identify project risks and lead the cost and schedule contingency management process for assigned projects.
- Studies: Lead ad-hoc cost and schedule studies that enable rapid decision-making.
- Archives & Forecasting: Maintain historical project data to improve forward looking budget and schedule estimates.
- Other work as needed in support of successful project delivery.
Reporting: This position reports to the SVP, Project Delivery
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following: Engineering, Finance, Accounting or Mathematics; Additional educational qualifications such PMP or MBA would be desired.
- Experience: 5 years of work experience in project controls and/or in an accounting function
- Technical: Exposure or experience in solar development and solar power plant construction would be a plus