EHS Field Technician I
Silicon Ranch Corporation is one of the nation’s leading developer, owner, and operators of utility scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and zero water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost- effective custom solar energy solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: EHS Field Technician Level 1
Location: Nashville, TN or Remote
Overview: This position is responsible for understanding and analyzing workplace activities and potential hazards, to support initiatives to identify, control and eliminate hazardous conditions that affect workers, property, the environment, and the public for our operational solar facilities across the US. Implements health and safety policies, procedures, and regulations and EHS management systems. Ensures compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal environmental, health and safety regulations and ensures that necessary records are prepared and maintained according to established guidelines. Promotes compliance and a culture to achieve company targeted EHS performance.
- Verify contractor fieldwork through onsite assessments of compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, company policies, contractor’s plan, and industry best practices.
- Provides meaningful feedback, leadership, and guidance to the project management teams.
- Assist project management with methods to improve safety and environmental practices and procedures.
- Receive, review, and participate in the development of incident reports, safety-related publications, and bulletins.
- Provide technical and professional assistance to eliminate or control unsafe behaviors/conditions and environmental deficiencies.
- Provide progress reports on safety activities, safety reports, and safety studies.
- Assists with the preparation and review of job hazard analyses, and personal protective equipment assessments.
- Participates in all SRC initiated EHS event analyses.
- Communicates effectively and responsibly with vendors and partners.
- Prioritize work to meet project goals including deadlines, cost targets and project schedules.
- Works as a team player with effective written and oral communication skills.
- Represents the organization professionally with neighbors, vendors, utilities, local officials, and other project stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting: Construction EHS Manager
- Willingness to travel (up to 75%)
- Knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations and industry EH&S standards
- Knowledge in electrical safety and high voltage including OSHA and NFPA 70E compliance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and work independently under general supervision
- High School Diploma
- 30-hour OSHA Construction or General Industry safety course
- CPR/First Aid/AED
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in EHS program management for the construction industry
- 2 years’ experience in Construction Industry
- Professional certification; ASP, CSP, CHST, QEP
- Ability and willingness to seek related training and certifications as may be required 510 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry or 511 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the General Industry
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial hygiene, occupational safety, biology, chemistry, environmental science or a science/health and safety-related field.
- Honorable Discharge from a US Branch of Service
To apply, send your resume and the position title to email@example.com