EHS Field Technician II
Silicon Ranch Corporation is one of the nation’s leading developer, owner, and operators of utility scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and zero water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost- effective custom solar energy solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: EHS Field Technician II
Location: Nashville, TN or Remote
Overview: This position is responsible for understanding and analyzing workplace activities and potential hazards, to support initiatives to identify, control and eliminate hazardous conditions that affect workers, property, the environment, and the public for our operational solar facilities across the US. Implements training of O&M employees and managers relative to environmental, health and safety policies, procedures, and regulations and EHS management systems. Ensures compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal environmental, health and safety regulations and ensures that necessary records are prepared and maintained according to established guidelines. Promotes compliance and a culture to achieve company targeted EHS performance.
- Verify contractor fieldwork through onsite assessments of compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, company policies, contractor’s plan, and industry best practices.
- Provides meaningful feedback, leadership, and guidance to the project management teams.
- Assist project management with methods to improve safety and environmental practices and procedures.
- Receive, review, and participate in the development of incident reports, safety-related publications, and bulletins.
- Provide technical and professional assistance to eliminate or control unsafe behaviors/conditions and environmental deficiencies.
- Provide progress reports on safety activities, safety reports, and safety studies.
- Assists with the preparation and review of job hazard analyses, personal protective equipment assessments and other environmental, health and safety program elements.
- Assists with the development and revision of training materials as necessary to ensure compliance with regulations, current procedures and recognized best practices.
- Participates in all SRC initiated EHS event analyses.
- Communicates effectively and responsibly with vendors and partners.
- Prioritizes work to meet project goals including deadlines, cost targets and project schedules.
- Works as a team player with effective written and oral communication skills.
- Represents the organization professionally with neighbors, vendors, utilities, local officials, and other project stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting: Construction EHS Manager
- Willingness to travel (up to 75%)
- Functional knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations and industry EH&S standards
- Functional knowledge in electrical safety and high voltage including OSHA and NFPA 70E compliance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and work independently under general supervision
- Associates Degree or 5 years’ experience in lieu of degree
- 510 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry or 511 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the General Industry.
- CPR/First Aid/AED
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in EHS program management for the construction industry
- 2 years’ experience in electrical utility and/or solar energy generation
- Professional certification; ASP, CSP, CHST
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial hygiene, occupational safety, biology, chemistry, environmental science or a science/health and safety-related field
- Honorable Discharge from a US Branch of Service
To apply, send your resume and the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org