Founded in 2011, Silicon Ranch is a fully integrated provider of customized renewable energy, carbon, and battery storage solutions for a diverse set of partners across North America. The company is one of the largest independent power producers in the country, with a portfolio that includes more than four gigawatts of solar and battery storage systems that are contracted, under construction, or operating across the U.S. and Canada. Silicon Ranch owns and operates every project in its portfolio and has maintained an unblemished track record of project execution, having successfully commissioned every project it has contracted in its history. In recognition of its holistic approach to land management, which the company has trademarked Regenerative Energy®, Silicon Ranch was named 2020’s “Most Forward-Thinking” company by Solar Power World.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost-effective custom renewable energy, carbon, and battery storage solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, and industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts, restores soil health and biodiversity, and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
- Silicon Ranch develops to own all its projects for the long-term, a distinction that means the company is deeply committed to its partners and communities and stands behind the performance of its facilities day in and day out.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for someone for the following position to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Engineering Manager
Overview: As an Engineering Manager, you will lead/support all electrical/mechanical/ aspects of our utility-scale solar energy projects – new property evaluation, pre- construction design optimization, code compliance, and field issue resolution. You will be expected to lead a growing team of Sr. Project Engineers and Project Engineers. This role is responsible for delivering high quality, cost efficient designs in support of our power plants.
- Manage detailed layout design for SRC’s development pipeline of solar energy projects. Evaluate project constraints, solar module, inverter, and racking technologies, BOP (balance of plant) considerations, and solar resource data to maximize project value.
- Support the business development and origination teams with the assessment of new projects.
- Interface with the project management and operations teams leading up to and through project commercial operations. Ensure timely and complete transfer of technical responsibilities.
- Manage relationships with various equipment vendors, contractors, and third-party engineering firms.
- Support technical design reviews for Solar Plants and Substations including reviews of drawings, calculations, and reports.
- Conduct site visits to support project execution teams as well as long term operations and maintenance.
- Coordinate with internal Contract and Procurement teams as well as Project Execution teams.
- Spearhead multiple team initiatives to support the continued growth of the project engineering & development team.
- Lead teams of multiple disciplined engineering groups across a platform of projects.
- Identify and execute value engineering opportunities. Take supporting ownership of company engineering specifications.
- Communicates effectively and responsibly with vendors and partners.
- Prioritizes work in order to meet project goals including deadlines, cost targets and project schedules.
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining project records.
- Works as a team player with effective written and oral communication skills.
- Represent the organization professionally with landowners, vendors, utilities, local officials, and other project stakeholders.
- Provide support to Business Development and EPC.
- Willing to travel frequently. Other duties as assigned.
Reporting: Director of Engineering
Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering. Master’s degree and/or Professional Engineering License is a plus.
7+ years of systems design experience. Solar power plant project experience is preferred, including leading other solar engineering team members. SRC provides design for both large scale utility farms as well as 1MW-10MW utility scale, so the successful candidate must be able to balance needs as necessary to accomplish the tasks. Experience with assessing new properties for solar plant constructability will also be expected. Successful candidate also must be eager to learn and grow as a professional in the field. Critically thinking candidates and those who are highly organized is a requirement.
Successful candidate shall be proficient in MS Office Suite, BlueBeam, Procore and PVSyst. Experience in Etap or equivalent analysis tools is a plus.
To apply, send your resume and the position title to email@example.com