Silicon Ranch Corporation is one of the nation’s leading developer, owner and operators of utility scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and zero water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost-effective custom solar energy solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Interconnection PM/Engineer
Reports to: Regional Interconnection Manager, Energy Delivery
Location: Nashville, TN
Interconnection PM/Engineer are responsible for helping shape the strategic transmission assessment and management of the interconnection process in target markets across the US. This position is critical for execution of the company’s development initiatives and will be assist with new market analyses and transmission related topics including (but not limited to) tariffs, planning, accessibility and overall interconnection process. Interconnection PM/Engineer will manage consultants and other subject matter experts as needed to execute the company’s development strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
New market planning and analysis
- Assist in the develop and update strategic and tactical plans for new markets working with project development and origination
- Provide tariff, planning, accessibility and overall interconnection process assessment for new markets
- Manage consultants as necessary
Project Development and Siting
- Assist in the evaluation of utility system loading (e.g., deliverability, congestion) and potential interconnection costs to support siting of new development projects
- Assist in the evaluation of interconnection and gen-tie alternatives; participate in processes to optimize project interconnection options based on cost, schedule, off take preference and risk
- Support PPA, financing and project sale processes including providing information on the interconnection agreements and articulating the project’s specific interconnection related attributes
Management of the Interconnection Process
- Manage the interconnection process and negotiations for new development projects from siting to execution including interconnection agreements, affected systems and engineering agreements
- Assist in the develop of commercial arrangements to optimize project cost, schedule and risk
- Manage consultants as necessary to support the interconnection process including application deliverables in addition to engineering review of utility schedules and cost estimate
- Establish working relationships with utilities, ISOs and industry representatives in key markets
- Act as an advisor and liaison with Project Development, Business Development, and management on interconnection issues and policies related to project development risk and opportunities
Due Diligence for existing development projects
- Conduct/supervise due-diligence review of potential project and portfolio acquisitions and related commercial transactions related to the interconnection and transmission risk, and provide recommendations to the acquisition team
- Represent the Company and maintain productive relationships with key utilities, ISOs, industry groups, regulators and other stakeholders on issues related to transmission and interconnection
- Review utility transmission planning reports and present findings to the Company team
- Evaluate and provide recommendations on the impact of new and proposed transmission/interconnection related legislation and regulations that could impact Silicon Ranch Corperation and/or the utility scale solar industry
Physical Requirements/Work Environment: Work is performed in an office environment and in the field. At least 30% domestic travel is required annually.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required with a desired emphasis on power
- A Masters’ degree in Engineering, Energy Policy, or Business is
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years’ experience in transmission planning and power generation interconnections. Utility planning and project siting experience is strongly
- Experience power delivery and or transmission system planning and grid operation topics
- Working knowledge of generation interconnection tariffs, interconnection agreements and requirements in one or more key markets, including a strong knowledge of the process from the initial interconnection request through utility operations
- knowledge of power flow modeling and results
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with utilities, ISOs and industry representatives
- Exceptional public speaking, presentation skills, and the ability to explain and communicate complex technical topics and writing of technical reports
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills, capable of applying advanced engineering principles to identify and solve complex issues
- Outstanding project, people management, and negotiation skills
- High-energy, positive attitude with ability to receive constructive feedback