Manager, Economic & Community Development
Silicon Ranch Corporation is one of the nation’s leading developer, owner, and operators of utility scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and zero water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost- effective custom solar energy solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Manager, Economic & Community Development
Location: Remote or Nashville, Tennessee
Overview: This position will support business development, economic development, landowner outreach, community development, public outreach, and permitting activities. This will require coordination with the business development, finance, and operations teams to facilitate project needs including: site selection support, local and state permitting, tax abatement agreements, and general community outreach.
- Works in tandem with the Director, Economic and Community Development to support a wide array of engagement and messaging during a project’s development life cycle.
- Works closely with elected officials, business and civic leaders, power distributors, economic developers, and other local and regional development organizations, in a variety of ways, to support other SRC departments and their efforts to keep a project timeline on pace.
- Coordinates, organizes and leads community engagement events that focus on messaging, education, enhancing stakeholder relations and building trust in the communities we operate.
- Strong oral and written skills are a required. Comfortable leading presentations and responding to opposition and difficult questions in an honest, proactive manner. Looks for ways to utilize and maximize project support.
- Locates, manages and keeps a pulse on community happenings that could affect a project. Provides research to relevant teams within SRC.
- Works closely with a number of SRC departments including Project Development (where this role will sit), Business Development, Marketing, Legal, Operations and Senior Leadership.
- Will represent SRC to diverse audiences of professionals, officials and citizens.
- Serves as a SRC interface with key project contacts and outreach, including business and community leaders SRC may partner with in the future for education and corporate engagement opportunities. Helps develop relationships and facilitate outreach opportunities across SRC’s portfolio and pipeline
- Prioritizes work in order to meet project goals.
- Willing to travel frequently. Other duties as assigned.
Reporting: This position reports to the Director, Community & Economic Development
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications, Real Estate or Business.
- Experience: A minimum of three years of work experience in economic development, community outreach, land development, real estate work, or local/state government.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org