Manager, Project Development
Silicon Ranch Corporation is one of the nation’s leading developer, owner, and operators of utility scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and zero water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost- effective custom solar energy
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Manager, Project Development
Location: Remote until office reopens then Nashville, TN
Overview: This position will provide business development, development, construction, and financing support activities. This will require coordination with the Business Development, Finance, and Operations teams to facilitate project needs including site selection, site acquisition, due diligence, title search and procurement, entitlements, environmental permitting, local and state jurisdictional permitting, project development budgets, mineral rights procurement, securing rights-of-way and any other real estate rights in support of the development of a project.
- Develop a pipeline of solar and land assets to support the Business Development pipeline in the TVA and TVA LPC markets
- Manage individual projects through the construction and financing phase. Responsibilities include managing site selection, survey, geotechnical investigations, preliminary layout, easements, mineral title and title diligence, environmental assessment, permitting, and zoning.
- Participate in or lead due diligence of projects, as appropriate. These tasks include ensuring each site has been vetted for environmental, interconnection, permitting, and financial constraints. Conduct analysis on title, including mineral title, and perform procurement. The vetting process will lead to a recommendation on the viability of a site for Executive review.
- Communicates effectively and responsibly with vendors and partners.
- Prioritizes work in order to meet project goals including deadlines, cost targets and project
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining project records.
- Works as a team player with effective written and oral communication
- Represent the organization professionally with landowners, vendors, utilities, local officials, and other project stakeholders.
- Willing to travel frequently.
- Other duties as
Reporting: This position reports to Director, Project Development
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably In Energy/Land Management or equivalent; additional educational qualifications such as a PMP or advanced degree considered.
3-5 years of work experience in renewable development, real estate, or other related equivalent experience.