O&M EHS Manager
Silicon Ranch Corporation is one of the nation’s leading developer, owner, and operators of utility scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and zero water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost- effective custom solar energy solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: O&M EHS Manager
Location: Nashville, TN or Remote
Overview: This position is responsible for understanding and analyzing workplace activities and potential hazards, to support initiatives to identify, control and eliminate hazardous conditions that affect workers, property, the environment, and the public for our operational solar facilities across the US. Implements training of O&M employees and managers relative to environmental, health and safety policies, procedures, and regulations and EHS management systems. Ensures compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal environmental, health and safety regulations and ensures that necessary records are prepared and maintained according to established guidelines. Promotes compliance and a culture to achieve company targeted EHS performance.
- Analyzes workplaces and takes action to identify, control, eliminate and prevent environmental noncompliance or injury caused by physical or behavioral hazards, and biological agents or ergonomic factors. These tasks are necessary to maintain a healthy and productive workforce thereby enabling SRC to reach its performance goals and stay competitive in the marketplace.
- Interprets local, state, and federal environmental and health & safety regulations and determines the appropriate method of compliance.
- Assists with the preparation and review of written programs, job hazard analyses, personal protective equipment assessments and other environmental, health and safety program elements.
- Assists with the development and revision of training materials as necessary to ensure compliance with regulations, current procedures and recognized best practices.
- Maintains and reports on EHS metrics and develops methods for predicting hazards from historical data, workplace analyses and other sources.
- Performs surveys and assessments to determine compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Facilitates all SRC initiated EHS event analyses.
- Supports teams with EHS toolbox talks and other awareness materials.
- Provides security related advice to operational facilities to enhance the protection of our assets.
- Communicates effectively and responsibly with vendors and partners.
- Prioritizes work to meet project goals including deadlines, cost targets and project schedules.
- Works as a team player with effective written and oral communication skills.
- Represents the organization professionally with landowners, vendors, utilities, local officials, and other project stakeholders.
- Provides support to Business Development and Project Development as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting: This position reports to Jim Barfield, Director Environmental, Health, Safety and Security
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%).
- Functional knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations and industry EH&S standards
- Strong knowledge in electrical safety and high voltage including OSHA and NFPA 70E compliance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and work independently under general supervision
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years’ experience in EHS program and project management
- 5 years’ experience in electrical utility and/or solar energy generation Professional certification; ASP, CSP, CHST
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial hygiene, occupational safety, biology, chemistry, environmental science or a science/health and safety-related field
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org