Silicon Ranch Corporation (“Silicon Ranch”) is one of the nation’s leading developers, owners and operators of utility scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and minimal water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost- effective custom solar energy solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Performance Engineer
Location: Nashville, TN
This position is responsible for monitoring and analyzing the Silicon Ranch solar power plants through monitoring system alerts, analyzing plant data, and performing engineering reviews of plant equipment.
- Analyzes data being monitored on the solar facilities in the Silicon Ranch portfolio to find trends and determine root causes of failures of equipment in the field
- Calculates losses from equipment outages, determining the impact of those outages, and trending the failure mode, so that the Asset Operations Team can have informed discussions with equipment manufacturers and other key parties within the company
- Manages a large volume of spreadsheets to track issues and analyze data, constantly aiming to improve and automate the reports
- Assists the team in overseeing the alert management system for the fleet of projects and dispatching technicians to address issues, as needed.
- Become subject matter expert on a piece of equipment or multiple pieces of equipment within our solar facilities
- Assists in the preparation of monthly and weekly reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Assists In the creation of new alarms and interfaces within monitoring platforms
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Science, Mathematics, or certificate/degree showing status as trained electrician
- 1-3 years of work experience in Engineering or Science. Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- Either experience with Python, R, or a comparable platform, electrical engineering, or solar performance engineering
- Basic knowledge of how solar systems are installed and operated and intermediate Excel skills
- 3 years of work experience in data analysis or project management desired, but not required. Solar power experience desired