Project Engineer (Civil)
Silicon Ranch Corporation is one of the nation’s leading developer, owner and operators of utility scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and zero water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost-effective custom solar energy solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Project Engineer
Location: Nashville, TN
As a Project Engineer, you will lead/support all technical aspects of our utility-scale solar energy projects – including the MV/HV Substation and transmission line design. This role is responsible for delivering high quality, cost efficient designs in support of our power plants.
- Manage detailed layout design for SRC’s development pipeline of solar energy projects. Evaluate project constraints, solar module, inverter, and racking technologies, BOP (balance of plant) considerations, and solar resource data to maximize project value
- Analyze available meteorological datasets and utilize MCP (measure-correlate-predict) methodology to assess project resource characteristics
- Utilize performance modeling software to prepare project energy yield assessments and other production profile deliverables such as 8760s and production diurnals
- Support the business development and origination teams with the preparation of sales proposals
- Interface with the project management and operations teams leading up to and through project commercial operations. Ensure timely and complete transfer of technical responsibilities
- Manage relationships with various equipment vendors, contractors, and third-party engineering firms
- Support technical design reviews for Solar Plants and Substations including reviews of drawings, calculations, and reports
- Conduct site visits to support site evaluation, suitability, and due diligence efforts
- Work with the structured finance team to provide responses to lender and independent engineer due diligence questions throughout the project financing process
- Spearhead multiple team initiatives to support the continued growth of the project engineering team. Manage and train junior team members
- Identify and execute value engineering opportunities. Take ownership of Solar Plant specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering (or related discipline) and design engineering experience in land development. Master’s degree and Professional Engineering License is a plus.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, prioritization, and time management skills. Ability to multi-task while managing multiple projects and multiple engineering team initiatives
- Experience in electronic processing and filing of drawings, specifications, budgets, reports, project schedules and other documents
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Microsoft Project experience is a plus
- Min 5 years land development experience
- Experience with Civil 3D, Strong Hydrology, Hydraulics, and Large Site Grading
- Site feasibility evaluations and assessments, and constructability evaluation including identifying flood depths and flow velocities across a site using Flo2D or similar software
- Familiarity with the site development process and permitting requirements Prefer individual proficient in Hydrology, Stormwater Management Software
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org