Senior Associate, Project Development
Silicon Ranch Corporation is one of the nation’s leading developer, owner, and operators of utility scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and zero water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost- effective custom solar energy solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Senior Associate, Project Development
Location: Remote or Nashville, TN
Overview: This position will provide development and pre-construction support activities. This will require coordination with the Business Development and EPC teams to facilitate project needs, including site selection, site due diligence, site acquisition, entitlements, environmental permitting, site assessments, preliminary budget development, etc. This work may require extended travel periods. This position will support permitting, consulting services, engineering, reporting and the general project management required for successful project development and pre-construction support.
This position will support the Business Development team in identifying project sites and leading real estate negotiations. This includes title, mineral title, and permitting research, identification and management of planning and zoning challenges and the project management of the overall land development cycle. This position will lead site diligence efforts, which will vary based on project specifics. Work with the project management team to ensure accurate development of project schedules and budgeting for all required work and the day-to-day oversight to ensure work is performed on time and on budget.
This position will also be responsible for supporting the overall management of all project development work including land research, site diligence, environmental services, preliminary design coordination, Owner permitting, and the general pre-construction related work for the EPC team. This position will work with the Development Engineer and the Energy Delivery team to identify any early-stage high-level risks to a potential project site.
The position will work closely with managers to obtain necessary approvals for project funding. The position will require interaction with the public at permit hearings along with interaction with clients, landowners, suppliers, and vendors, such as EPC contractors, consultants, permitting agencies, utilities, government agencies, and other organizations.
Essential responsibilities will include: Business Development, Project Finance, and EPC support, including project development tasks, site selection, survey, geotechnical investigations, preliminary layout, interconnection easements, environmental assessment, mineral title and title research, and permitting. Coordinate work with others in multi-disciplinary teams. Identify and understand client issues and work collaboratively to develop and communicate creative solutions.
Reporting: This position reports to Director, Project Development
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably In Energy/Land Management or equivalent; additional educational qualifications such as a PMP or MBA considered.
- Experience: 2-3 years of work experience in project management, land development or real estate.
- Technical: Exposure or experience to the US energy and/or renewable market desirable.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org