Senior Project Development Engineer
Silicon Ranch Corporation is one of the nation’s leading developer, owner and operators of utility scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and zero water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost-effective custom solar energy solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Senior Project Development Engineer
Location: Nashville, TN
As a Project Development Engineer, you will support origination, project development, and the project execution team. You will contribute your unique expertise and industry experience in support of technically and economically advanced project designs and proposals. This role is responsible for delivering high quality, cost efficient designs in support of our power plants.
- Provide dedicated layout, energy modeling, constructability, and due diligence support to Project Development and Business Development
- Coordinate detailed layout design for binding offers using internal and external tools and resources
- Develop layout optimization tools which include estimating values based on O&M to EPC feedback loop.
- Manage detailed layout design for SRC’s development pipeline of solar energy projects. Evaluate project constraints, solar module, inverter, and racking technologies, BOP (balance of plant) considerations, and solar resource data to maximize project value.
- Analyze available meteorological datasets and utilize MCP (measure-correlate-predict) methodology to assess project resource characteristics
- Utilize performance modeling software to prepare project energy yield assessments and other production profile deliverables such as 8760s and production diurnals
- Support the business development and origination teams with the preparation of sales proposals
- Interface with the project management and operations teams leading up to and through project commercial operations. Ensure timely and complete transfer of technical responsibilities.
- Manage relationships with various equipment vendors, contractors, and third-party engineering firms.
- Conduct site visits to support site evaluation, suitability, and due diligence efforts.
- Spearhead multiple team initiatives to support the continued growth of the project engineering team. Manage and train junior team members.
- Identify and execute value engineering opportunities.
Project Development Engineer Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering (or related discipline), position level dependent upon experience. Solar Power and Data Analysis experience is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with PVSyst required. Familiarity with HST Solar, Plant Predict, or SunDAT is required. Familiarly with AutoCAD is plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Microsoft Project experience is a plus.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, prioritization, and time management skills. Ability to multi-task while managing multiple projects and multiple engineering team initiatives.
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment alongside people with multiple interests and backgrounds
- Experience with modeling solar energy project economics
- Experience with concepts such as NPV, IRR and LCOE