Senior Project Manager
Silicon Ranch Corporation is one of the nation’s leading developers, owners, and operators of utility-scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and zero water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service while developing creative and cost-effective custom solar energy solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Senior Project Manager
Location: Nashville, TN
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of small to large scale PV Solar projects ranging in size between 1 MWac to 100+ MWac.
Responsibilities may consist of overseeing a portfolio of up to six projects executed concurrently depending on size and complexity. The Senior Project Manager will work with internal teams including business development, project development, engineering, finance, accounting, legal, and field-level construction managers and team members in the execution of projects in support of the Company’s strategic project plan.
The Senior Project Manager will manage contract requirements, client relations, and project deliverable requirements. In addition, the project manager shall establish and monitor performance metrics, project schedules, risk profiles, and cost performance of the project in accordance with company systems and practices.
This position is responsible for supporting the execution of day-to-day operational aspects of multiple large-scale solar projects, supporting the management of the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (“EPC”) contracts.
We are looking for an ambitious candidate with initiative and resilience who can be responsible in working towards a goal while contributing creatively to the team.
- Primary lead on all commercial aspects of each project. Each project may require multiple contracts, such as solar EPC, substation EPC, equipment procurement (modules, GSU, etc.), interconnection, etc.
- Coordinate and lead negotiation of project-specific contracts, drawing support from other SRC departments and management, as needed
- Close management and reporting of project scope, schedule, and budget
- Review Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) plans
- Ensure contractors are meeting SRC safety standards and are regularly conducting related inspections and reporting • Ensure environmental compliance
- Manage scope and perform change management
- Monitor and manage costs
- Perform internal and external stakeholder management
- Perform all project communications and reporting
- Engage In client and community relations
- Evaluate current project management standards and practices and provide recommendations for improvement
Manage key project team members, in concert with their respective functional managers, with regard to project-related activities and issues, for example, Project Engineer, Project Buyer, Site Manager, etc.
Reporting: This position reports to the Vice President, Projects
Background and Education:
- 10-15 years of experience in project management and/or construction management of large-scale projects or programs
- 5 years experience in project management and construction of large-scale projects or programs
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or related discipline, advance study in Project Management and/or MBA desired
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, Program Management Professional (PgMP) Certificate, or equivalent.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team • Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Decision-making ability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong customer service skills with focus on listening to the customer
- Ability to conduct negotiations with vendors, supplies, governmental entities, and utilities
- Working knowledge of standardized project management processes and tools.
- Working knowledge of engineering design, procurement, and construction practices and procedures
- Working knowledge of project management cost systems (i.e. Earned Value methodology)
- Working knowledge of project scheduling concepts, techniques, and software such as MS-Project; experience with Primavera P6 a plus
- Working knowledge of office productivity software such as MS-Office suite, including advanced use of MS-Excel
- Multi-project execution experience
- Solar Industry experience a plus
Exposure or experience to the US renewable energy market and design-build projects would be a benefit.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org