Founded in 2011, Silicon Ranch is a fully integrated provider of customized renewable energy, carbon, and battery storage solutions for a diverse set of partners across North America. The company is one of the largest independent power producers in the country, with a portfolio that includes more than four gigawatts of solar and battery storage systems that are contracted, under construction, or operating across the U.S. and Canada. Silicon Ranch owns and operates every project in its portfolio and has maintained an unblemished track record of project execution, having successfully commissioned every project it has contracted in its history. In recognition of its holistic approach to land management, which the company has trademarked Regenerative Energy®, Silicon Ranch was named 2020’s “Most Forward-Thinking” company by Solar Power World.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost-effective custom renewable energy, carbon, and battery storage solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, and industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts, restores soil health and biodiversity, and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
- Silicon Ranch develops to own all its projects for the long-term, a distinction that means the company is deeply committed to its partners and communities and stands behind the performance of its facilities day in and day out.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for someone for the following position to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Senior Substation Engineer
Location: Nashville, TN Preferred
As a Senior Substation Engineer, you will perform design and lead and mentor junior engineers for substation projects. You will provide support to the Interconnection, project origination, project development, finance, and the project execution team. You will contribute your unique expertise and industry experience in support of technically and economically advanced project designs and proposals. This role is responsible for delivering high-quality, cost-efficient designs and project management in support of our power plants.
- Development and project management of substation designs, project layouts, and support to other SRC engineering groups.
- Identify new substation siting using desktop and in-person field visits with internal and external parties.
- Develop and review of scope of work documents, one-lines, three lines, layouts, evaluation, panel layouts, and engineering standards drawings.
- Act as a Senior substation project manager for multiple projects in coordination with the overall Operations Project Management team.
- Act as utility technical a subject matter expert interface for assigned projects in coordination with Interconnection and Operations Project Management teams.
- Ensure due diligence, engineering and constructability reviews, submittals, and support to Substation, Development engineering, Project Engineering, and Interconnection groups are achieved on all assigned projects.
- Participate in the identification and selection of major equipment suppliers and RFP evaluations for owners furnished equipment.
- Developing optimization tools which include Standard drawings, Calculation Sheets, tracking tools, process improvement, etc.
- Interface with the Engineering, Project Management and Operations teams leading up to and through project commercial operations to ensure timely and complete transfer of substation technical deliverables.
- Attend site visits to support site evaluation, suitability, and due diligence efforts.
- Identify value engineering opportunities.
- Operate independently to achieve company and project goals.
- Mentor junior engineers in substation design and management.
- Lead and task junior engineers in the delivery of project deliverables.
- Provide Senior level quality assurance on project deliverables.
- Provide bi-weekly reporting to other groups and leadership.
- Assist in the development of work and process flow for substation team.
- Ability to provide positive and constructive feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering (or related discipline), Masters preferred
- Professional Engineering (PE) License (required) Project Management Professional (PMP) (preferred).
- 10+ years of Hands-on experience with substation physical and electrical relay design required. Familiarity with Solar design and Plant Layouts is a plus.
- Lead or Mentored teams larger the 5 members.
- Working knowledge of ETAP and AutoCAD. PVSYS experience a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Microsoft Project experience is a plus.
- Solar Power design experience is a plus.
- Exhibit leadership attributes and takes ownership of project activities and processes.
- Strong interpersonal, prioritization, and time management skills. Ability to multi-task while managing multiple projects and multiple engineering team initiatives.
- Desire to work in a dynamic fast paced environment alongside individuals with multiple interests and backgrounds.
To apply, send your resume and the position title to email@example.com