Founded in 2011, Silicon Ranch is a fully integrated provider of customized renewable energy, carbon, and battery storage solutions for a diverse set of partners across North America. The company is one of the largest independent power producers in the country, with a portfolio that includes more than four gigawatts of solar and battery storage systems that are contracted, under construction, or operating across the U.S. and Canada. Silicon Ranch owns and operates every project in its portfolio and has maintained an unblemished track record of project execution, having successfully commissioned every project it has contracted in its history. Silicon Ranch has the largest utility scale agrivoltaics portfolio in the country under Regenerative Energy®, its nationally recognized holistic approach to project design, construction, and land management. This model incorporates regenerative ranching and other regenerative land management practices to restore soil health, biodiversity, and water quality. In 2021, Silicon Ranch acquired Clearloop, which helps businesses of all sizes reclaim their carbon footprint with a direct investment in building new solar projects while helping to bring renewable energy and economic development to American regions most at risk of being left behind.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost-effective custom renewable energy, carbon, and battery storage solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, and industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts, restores soil health and biodiversity, and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
- Silicon Ranch develops to own all its projects for the long-term, a distinction that means the company is deeply committed to its partners and communities and stands behind the performance of its facilities day in and day out.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for someone for the following position to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Site Manager
Location: Work locations will vary; assignments are on sites throughout the Southeast United States for this position.
Overview: This position serves as the principal point of contact for suppliers, general contractor(s), and subcontractor representatives at the project site.
The Site Manager reports on construction progress to the Project Manager who has full responsibility for the construction of the project. The Construction Manager must be willing to travel and/or relocate based on project location(s) and operate from a field office.
- Plans and coordinates activities at the project site, including general contractor(s), subcontractors, vendors, and related work for solar energy projects, including the project substation.
- Oversees construction contractor(s) as the Owner’s representative and primary contact for all construction activities, including the construction of roads, structural components, low and high-voltage electrical works, substation, and solar installation at the project site.
- Works with project development, finance, and project manager regarding subcontracts, scheduling, change orders, and controlling the cost of projects within the approved budget.
- Communicates effectively and responsibly with suppliers, general contractor(s), and subcontractors in the field. Responsible for reviewing specifications and drawings, executing site QA/QC activities, and communicating any issues and discrepancies to the appropriate party.
- Prioritizes work to meet project goals including deadlines, cost targets, and project schedules.
- Participate in the receipt and inspection of equipment and materials.
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining project records.
- Works as a team player with effective written and oral communication skills.
- Responsible for ensuring contractors are implementing and maintaining safety programs at the jobsite and adhering to Site Specific Safety Plans.
- Represent the organization professionally with suppliers, general contractor, subcontractors, landowners, vendors, utilities, local officials, and other project stakeholders.
- Oversee and coordinate commissioning activities and ensure contractor is maintaining compliance with the engineers’ and manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Lead and coordinate the project punch list with the appropriate stakeholders.
- May provide periodic emergency support to Asset Management and O&M team.
- Provide O&M support between projects.
- SWPPP Certification in the states they assigned to within 60 days of assignment
- Willing to travel frequently and/or relocate to jobsites in multiple states every 6-12 months. Other duties as assigned.
Reporting: Director of Construction
Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED, Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Apprenticeship preferred, Journeymen Electricians preferred
- 5+ years of work experience in solar power construction required
- Demonstrated ability to oversee site construction
- OSHA 30 Certification preferred
- Project experience preferred to include heavy civil or electrical projects, preferably multi-disciplined/complex renewable energy projects
- Understanding of plans and specifications for civil and electrical work
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, and problem-solving techniques
Technical: Knowledge of solar power plant construction and operations. Working knowledge of solar site troubleshooting, knowledge of transformer testing and experience with commissioning activities preferred. Working knowledge of Procore, Box, and Microsoft Suite Office products including Teams, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
To apply, send your resume and the position title to email@example.com