Supply Chain Specialist
Silicon Ranch Corporation is one of the nation’s leading developer, owner, and operators of utility scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and zero water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost-effective custom solar energy solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Supply Chain Specialist
Location: Nashville, TN/Remote
As Supply Chain Specialist, you will be a key member of the Sourcing team supporting strategic supply chain initiatives related to the procurement of equipment necessary for the construction of solar photovoltaic plans, battery and energy storage systems and high voltage substations and related agreements. You will work collaboratively with various internal stakeholders to support the sourcing of material and equipment for solar photovoltaic (PV) plants and substations being constructed across the enterprise.
- Ensure company-furnished equipment and services are procured, delivered and serviced in accordance with applicable project schedules
- Assist with the RFP, bid evaluation, and contract creation process for material and equipment and related services (including transportation)
- Analyze responses to material/equipment RFPs, including pricing and commercial/technical differences and ensure vendor responses meet required specifications, delivery dates and price targets
- Responsibility for purchase order creation and ensuring schedules and exhibits for contracts are executed
- Ensure third party engineering, procurement and construction contracts accurately reflect description and schedule relating to company-furnished equipment
- Assist the construction management teams in the monitoring and tracking of company-furnished deliveries
- Assist in the implementation and operation of the Supplier Performance Management program
- Aid Sourcing team in their strategic sourcing efforts toward reductions in Total Cost of ownership
- Partner with Sourcing and Supply Chain leaders for effective implementation of sourcing/supply chain improvement initiatives
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Develop forecasts to help manage inventory levels and attain the desired inventory turns and investment at the lowest cost
- Analyze usage and requirement patterns for long lead time material and equipment
- Monitor and report on the status of inventoried equipment
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Logistics, or in a related field or similar experience
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated success in gathering data, conducting analyses, and generating high quality outputs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate articulately and persuasively with all levels of teams, including superiors and executives.
- At least 2-4 years of strategic sourcing experience or procurement consulting experience
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Operational experience in working with processes and systems that are evolving and subject to change
- Experience with solar or high voltage substation contracting
Reporting: Sourcing Manager
To apply, send your resume and the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org