Job Description – Senior Manager, Contracts & Procurement
Silicon Ranch Corporation (“Silicon Ranch”) is one of the nation’s leading developers, owners and operators of utility scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and minimal water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost- effective custom solar energy solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Supply Chain Professional
Location: Nashville, TN
As a Supply Chain Professional, you will work collaboratively with various internal functions to include Project Development, Legal, Engineering and Construction management to support the preparation and delivery of Engineering, Procurement and Construction RFP and contracting processes for:
- Utility scale solar power plants
- High voltage substations
- Module purchases; and
- Transformers and switchgear.
- Contract and procure goods and services as well as develop and manage master supply agreements.
- Analyze responses to bid requests and RFPs, identify and summarize commercial differences, and make succinct recommendations in selecting appropriate suppliers for contract awards
- Develop and execute commercial contract strategies
- Lead and manage, as applicable, EPC and solar power plant equipment purchase contract negotiations to support Silicon Ranch project construction initiatives.
- Ensure all commercial activities are executed in line with Silicon Ranch’s corporate and contracting guidelines as well as legal, tax, and environmental regulations
- Consult and provide project support for evaluating and processing EPC contract change orders.
- Manage one-off purchase orders, drive rationalization of vendors and PO/contracts as appropriate
- Apply leading edge supply chain management techniques, supply/value chain analyses and modeling
- Provide market data to support supplier selection, qualification, and on-going performance management
- Ensure continuity of supply and compliance with contracting policy in managing ad-hoc business requirements.
- Deliver cost savings impacting to improve Silicon Ranch’s bottom line.
- Work with internal stakeholders to support business development and market entry needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Energy Industry experience preferred. Renewables (solar, wind or energy storage is highly desired)
- Experience in supply chain management or related field is desired
- EPC contracting experience is essential
- Position level will be determined based on experience and qualifications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Microsoft Project experience is a plus