Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Silicon Ranch is the U.S. solar platform for Shell and one of the largest independent solar power producers in the country.
Mission & Values
To bring communities across the country low-cost, renewable energy, economic growth and development, job opportunities, and partnerships they can count on for the life of their solar projects.
Our Core Values
1. We believe communities deserve reliable, cost-effective CHOICES for their source of power.
2. We believe solar energy projects—when developed responsibly—create enduring, long-term value and deliver a meaningful legacy to their communities.
3. We believe our employees can make a difference in the communities we serve.
4. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships.
5. We believe we are only successful when our partners are successful.
6. We require honesty and integrity in everything we do.
7. We listen, learn, and respond.
8. We do what we say we will do.
9. We believe in square corners.
10. We choose the right path over the easier path to get the job done.
A Different Kind of Company
Silicon Ranch is unique in the business of creating renewable energy. We are, first and foremost, about serving people. Everything we do flows from there. We develop-to-own all of our solar farm projects and have a 100 percent track record of seeing them through from start to finish. That’s because we are 100 percent committed to our partners and our communities.
Our diverse portfolio includes more than 140 solar farms across 14 states from New York to California, including the first large-scale solar projects in Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Mississippi. We stand behind the performance of our solar projects every day.
Founded in 2011, we approach every community solar relationship with deep experience, as well as large, complex transactions and large-scale conventional and renewable energy generation. We are proud to be the U.S. solar platform for Shell Energy and to work with partners such as the U.S. Military, America’s electric cooperatives, and TVA. But most of all, we are committed to the people of rural America who deserve low-cost, clean energy and an economic shot in the arm. They are our fuel. They are what Silicon Ranch is all about.
To learn more about our General Business Principles, click here.