Regional Lead, Power Plant Maintenance (Tennessee)
Silicon Ranch Corporation is one of the nation’s leading developer, owner, and operators of utility scale solar energy plants. We deliver energy with zero carbon emissions and zero water consumption needs.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost- effective custom solar energy solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, large industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for the following to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Regional Lead, Power Plant Maintenance (Tennessee)
Location: Jackson, Tennessee
Overview: This position is responsible for leading, managing, and performing operations and maintenance activities within a defined facility or set of facilities. The ideal candidate will have experience in the safe planning and performance of electrical tasks within DC, AC, and MV systems as well performing basic electrical testing using industry standard practices. The ideal candidate will also have experience managing utility scale solar facilities, including leading technical discussions, planning preventative and corrective maintenance, and managing third party service providers.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance tasks on the facility, including substation, UPS, battery backup, and SCADA systems.
- Perform corrective maintenance and repair work as directed, including substation, UPS, battery back-up, and SCADA systems.
- Generate reports as required by the SOP.
- Perform testing using IV Curve Tracers, Power Quality Meters, Insulation Resistance Testers, Multimeters, and other equipment as needed.
- Lead field investigations to support predictive analytics, root cause analysis, and serial defect reports.
- Generate and review annual maintenance reports from internal technicians and third parties, providing constructive feedback and commentary as required.
- Generate and review safe work plans, switching plans, LOTO procedures, and training plans as directed.
- Provide subject matter expertise, training, and mentoring to Solar O&M Technicians in all areas of solar facility operations, maintenance, and management.
- Assist in creating and reviewing preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance SOP’s, schedules, and checklists.
- Provide site access and oversight of third-party contractors as needed.
- Assist with module washing, land management, and other tasks as directed.
- Attend equipment training as directed.
Reporting: Regional Manager
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Intermediate knowledge of NEC, NFPA70E, and OSHA standards.
- OSHA 30 required
- State electrical license or NABCEP certification required
Education: High School Diploma
- 5+ years of experience as an electrician, maintenance electrician, or the completion of a recognized apprenticeship program required.
- 3+ years of experience as a O&M Technician, Field Service Engineer, or Inverter Technician.
- 1+ years of experience managing in house technicians or third-party contractors in the performance of utility scale solar O&M activities.
- Experience with MV/HV systems, IT systems, Inverters, T&D systems, Substations, or other specialized electrical systems is highly desirable.
- Electrical construction management and/or commissioning management experience is desirable.
To apply, send your resume and the position title to email@example.com