Founded in 2011, Silicon Ranch is a fully integrated provider of customized renewable energy, carbon, and battery storage solutions for a diverse set of partners across North America. The company is one of the largest independent power producers in the country, with a portfolio that includes more than four gigawatts of solar and battery storage systems that are contracted, under construction, or operating across the U.S. and Canada. Silicon Ranch owns and operates every project in its portfolio and has maintained an unblemished track record of project execution, having successfully commissioned every project it has contracted in its history. Silicon Ranch has the largest utility scale agrivoltaics portfolio in the country under Regenerative Energy®, its nationally recognized holistic approach to project design, construction, and land management. This model incorporates regenerative ranching and other regenerative land management practices to restore soil health, biodiversity, and water quality. In 2021, Silicon Ranch acquired Clearloop, which helps businesses of all sizes reclaim their carbon footprint with a direct investment in building new solar projects while helping to bring renewable energy and economic development to American regions most at risk of being left behind.
- We focus on providing excellent customer service, while developing creative and cost-effective custom renewable energy, carbon, and battery storage solutions.
- We work with a diverse set of customers including utilities, electrical cooperatives, military and defense facilities, and industrial and commercial businesses.
- Our customized approach delivers clean energy in a manner that reduces environmental impacts, restores soil health and biodiversity, and aids in economic development in local communities through capital investment, increased tax revenues, and job growth.
- Silicon Ranch develops to own all its projects for the long-term, a distinction that means the company is deeply committed to its partners and communities and stands behind the performance of its facilities day in and day out.
We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for someone for the following position to join our dynamic and fast-growing team:
Position: Solar Operations and Maintenance Technician III
Location: Clarksville, TN
Overview: This position is responsible for performing operations and maintenance activities within a defined facility or set of facilities. The ideal candidate will have experience in the safe planning and performance of electrical tasks within DC, AC, and MV systems as well performing basic electrical testing using industry standard practices.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance tasks on the facility, including substation, UPS, battery backup, and SCADA systems.
- Perform corrective maintenance and repair work as directed, including substation, UPS, battery back-up, and SCADA systems.
- Generate reports as required by the SOP.
- Perform testing using IV Curve Tracers, Power Quality Meters, Insulation Resistance Testers, Multimeters, and other equipment as needed.
- Lead field investigations to support predictive analytics, root cause analysis, and serial defect reports.
- Generate and review annual maintenance reports.
- Provide subject matter expertise and mentoring to Solar O&M Tech I and Tech II in all areas of solar facility operations, maintenance, and management.
- Assist in creating and reviewing preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance SOP’s, schedules, and checklists.
- Provide site access and oversight of third-party contractors as needed.
- Assist with other related tasks as directed.
- Attend equipment training as directed.
Reporting: Davin Smith, Regional Manager, Power Plant Maintenance
Education: High School Diploma
- 5+ years of experience as an electrician, maintenance electrician, or the completion of a recognized apprenticeship program required.
- 2+ years of experience as a O&M Technician, Field Service Engineer, or Inverter Technician
- Experience with MV/HV systems, IT systems, Inverters, T&D systems, Substations, or other specialized electrical system is highly desirable.
- Electrical construction management and/or commissioning management experience is desirable
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Working knowledge of NEC, NFPA70E, and OSHA standards.
- OSHA 30 required
- State electrical license or NABCEP certification required
To apply, send your resume and the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org