| Source: Verisk Analytics, Inc.
Join executives from U.S. Department of Energy, CAISO, Goldman Sachs, Engie and other leading organizations on July 27, 28 to assess President Biden’s climate ambition
LONDON/HOUSTON/SINGAPORE, July 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — President Joe Biden has ramped up the US climate goal to achieve a 50% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 from 2005 levels. The revised version of the CLEAN Future Act introduced earlier this year by leaders of the House Energy and Commerce Committee signals a path towards a substantial transformation of the US power sector.
Under the proposed legislation, a national clean energy standard will mandate that all retail electricity suppliers provide an increasing supply of clean electricity to consumers starting in 2023, rising to 80% by 2030 and 100% by 2035.
Similar requirements will also affect the transportation, building, and industrial sector, authorizing $565 billion in federal spending over ten years to enable deep decarbonization.
As national energy regulators, utilities, renewable developers, and institutional and private investors look to deliver on the US decarbonization pledge, Wood Mackenzie, a Verisk business (Nasdaq:VRSK), will gather North American energy industry leaders at its North America Power & Renewables Conference on July 27 – July 28.
The digital conference brings together CEOs, policymakers, entrepreneurs, investors, thought leaders and regulators to weigh up the implications of the Biden Administration’s climate ambition and discuss how the region can meet decarbonisation targets using an already challenged power grid during extreme weather conditions.
As well as exclusive presentations from Wood Mackenzie experts, and a top-tier speaker line-up including representatives from the U.S. Department of Energy, CAISO, Goldman Sachs, Engie, NYISO, Silicon Ranch, and Citi, the North America Power & Renewables Conference offers the opportunity to connect with leading renewable developers and utilities. Delegates will also connect with transmission operators, national and North American energy regulatory bodies, investment entities and technology providers.
Each day will include a breakout session enabling delegates to connect directly with other attendees, Wood Mackenzie analysts and exhibitors.
Key themes on the agenda include:
- How the CLEAN Future Act Will Transform the US Power Landscape in the 2020s
- Keynote Interview with the U.S. Department of Energy
- The Aftermath of the Texas Deep Freeze
- The Next Steps for U.S. Renewable Project Finance
- Critical Transmission Infrastructure Needs in Response to the Renewables Boom
- The Policy Incentives and Technology Advancements That Will Drive Decarbonization Success
- How Innovation and Digital Tools are Enabling Better Solar and Wind Performance at Lower Operational Costs
- Why Long-Duration Energy Storage is the Pillar of Deep Decarbonization
- Trading Further out Futures: How High Renewable Penetration and Transmission Congestion are Shifting the Dynamics of Power Trading in the US
- How Transportation Electrification Holds the Potential to Change the Game for Grid Flexibility
Leading experts speaking at the North America Power & Renewables Conference include:
- Kelly Speakes-Backman, Acting Assistant Secretary and Principal Deputy Secretary for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, U.S. Department of Energy
- Dr. Vamsi Chadalavada, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, ISO New England
- Mark Rothleder, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, CAISO
- Vania Mesrob, Vice President, O&M Lead, Goldman Sachs
- Emilie Nelson, Executive Vice President, NYISO
- Nick de Vries, Senior Vice President Technology & Asset Management, Silicon Ranch
- Eric Luesebrink, Senior Vice President – Development, Engie
- Badar Khan, President – U.S. Business Unit, National Grid
- Mark Lauby, Senior Vice President and Chief Engineer, North American Electric Reliability Corporation
To reserve your place at Wood Mackenzie’s North America Power & Renewables Conference, or for further information, please click on this link.
About Wood Mackenzie:
Wood Mackenzie, a Verisk Analytics business, is a trusted source of commercial intelligence for the world’s natural resources sector. We empower clients to make better strategic decisions, providing objective analysis and advice on assets, companies and markets. For more information, visit: www.woodmac.com or follow us on Twitter @WoodMackenzie
WOOD MACKENZIE is a trademark of Wood Mackenzie Limited and is the subject of trademark registrations and/or applications in the European Community, the USA and other countries around the world.
Verisk (Nasdaq:VRSK) provides predictive analytics and decision support solutions to customers in the insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services industries. More than 70 percent of the FORTUNE 100 relies on the company’s advanced technologies to manage risks, make better decisions and improve operating efficiency. The company’s analytic solutions address insurance underwriting and claims, fraud, regulatory compliance, natural resources, catastrophes, economic forecasting, geopolitical risks, as well as environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters. Celebrating its 50th anniversary, the company continues to make the world better, safer and stronger, and fosters an inclusive and diverse culture where all team members feel they belong. With more than 100 offices in nearly 35 countries, Verisk consistently earns certification by Great Place to Work. For more: Verisk.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
For further speaking and programme enquiries, please contact Wood Mackenzie’s Events team:
+44 792 986 5456
+ 1 (502) 2381563